In this slightly unusual composition, William shows a couple of fine looking trees set in the middle of the painting - and it appears to work perfectly here because of the strong right to left sweeping motion of the clouds, which gather menacingly over the Old Man of Coniston, who stands proudly defiant with a snowy overcoat for protection.
"Less lofty than the tallest giants of the Lake District, the Old Man is inferior to none as a viewpoint, its outlying position giving it a character of its own"
(Black's Guide to the English Lakes - ed. Gordon-Home, p87)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 504 x 364mm / 19.8 x 14.3 inches (Inner Print: 342 x 190mm / 13.5 x 7.5 inches).
- Framed - 317 x 267mm / 12.5 x 10.5 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Mounted - 482 x 342mm / 19 x 13.5 inches (Inner Print: 342 x 190mm / 13.5 x 7.5 inches).
- Mounted - 285 x 235mm / 11.2 x 9.3 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.