The view across the lake is composite, and eloquent, full of deep and splendid reflected tones, as painted here on a fine winter's morning from the eastern shore of Ullswater. Looking past an isolated tree carcass beside a big slab of rock across the lake towards Grisedale valley, which leads up to the snow-capped heights of Dollywagon Pike and Helvellyn on the distant skyline.
"The steep hill beyond Grisedale is St, Sunday Crag, a splendid view-point over the lake in itself, but usually taken in connection with heights in the course of a day's ramble over the mountains"
(Black's Guide to the English Lakes - ed. Gordon-Home, p56)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Canvas - 767 x 545mm / 30.2 x 21.5 inches (Inner Print: 725mm x 503mm / 28.5 x 19.8 inches).
- Framed - 317 x 267mm / 12.5 x 10.5 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Mounted - 285 x 235mm / 11.2 x 9.3 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.