This pass leads from the head of Great Langdale over to another long valley, Langstrath - on the upper branches of Borrowdale and one of many pack-horse routes that were used extensively before the roads. Alfred himself used mountain passes to reach other valleys for painting, and in this atmospheric view, waterfalls and crags predominate a rough and stony path.
"A succession of waterfalls will meet you on the ascent up the Stake, and others will accompany you down the most dreadful descent in Langdale. The scenes on the Borrowdale side are in part sylvan and pastoral, on the side of Langdale entirely rocky".
(Thomas West - The Stake Pass (1778) from: Prose of Lakeland - B. L. Thompson, p46)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 539 x 436mm / 21.2 x 17.2 inches (Inner Print: 382 x 272mm / 15 x 10.7 inches).
- Mounted - 507 x 407mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Print: 382 x 272mm / 15 x 10.7 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.