Here is an absolute classic William Heaton Cooper painting, combining all of the elements inherent in 18th century British watercolour tradition, with a modern sensibility. Capturing the magnificent view Skiddaw commands at the head of Borrowdale, where an emotive sky with blooming fluffy clouds, smooth mountain slopes, weather-beaten trees, are all marvellously reflected back in Derwentwater, combining to make a forceful composition.
"It was a day that will stand out like a mountain in my life"
(Written by Charles Lamb about climbing Skiddaw in 1802 from: Black's Guide to the English Lakes - ed. Gordon-Home, p136)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 539 x 436mm / 21.2 x 17.2 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Framed - 317 x 267mm / 12.5 x 10.5 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Mounted - 507 x 407mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Mounted - 285 x 235mm / 11.2 x 9.3 inches (Inner Print: 172 x 114mm / 6.8 x 4.5 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations framewidth.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.