This is not the expected view of Stickle Tarn, as here it is witnessed from where the stream comes in, near the base of Pavey Ark, the big crag which overshadows the tarn high above Langdale. Only a thin strip of land separates the water from the sky. In the distance are seen Wetherlam, Coniston Old Man, the wedge shape of Swirl How, and the sharp point of Carrs.
"What a solemn and impressive place it is on a winter afternoon, when the low sun casts great shadows from each rock buttress of Pavey Ark, when Harrison Stickle throws its long shadow across the scree below, and when buttress, gully and shadow are mirrored, darker and greener, in the still waters of the tarn"
(WHC - The Tarns of Lakeland, p184)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 576 x 430mm / 22.7 x 16.9 inches (Inner Print: 425 x 260mm / 16.7 x 10.2 inches).
- Mounted - 572 x 405mm / 22.5 x 16 inches (Inner Print: 425 x 260mm / 16.7 x 10.2 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.