This painting closely resembles in tone and composition, an earlier painting by William's father - Alfred, who also showed how distinctive the twin peaks of the Langdale Pikes are, but from a slightly different viewpoint at Waterhead, some years earlier.
"Low Wood, a pleasantly situated hotel with a reputation for honeymoons, and with coach excursions of its own, about a mile from the head of the lake on the eastern shore. In front rises the amphitheatre of mountains shutting in the head of Windermere"
(Black's Guide to the English Lakes, ed. Gordon-Home, p40)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 539 x 436mm / 21.2 x 17.2 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Mounted - 507 x 407mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.