The viewpoint from Skelghyll and Jenkins Crag (previously known as Jenkyns) looking down Windermere Lake was a favourite viewpoint for Alfred when he lived in Ambleside in the 1920's. Today, it can still be reached by anyone, and from here the panorama opens out as far down the lake as Belle Isle and Bowness. The tarn on the hillside opposite is Blelham Tarn and to the left of that is the cairned fell of Latterbarrow, and left again the woods of Claife Heights.
This murky overcast painting, has the overall feel of an impending storm brewing, where the sky is overwhelmed by a swarm of puffy cumulus clouds gathering rather ominously, as they prepare to soak a few lonesome sheep, left out to graze on the fell.
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 387 x 328mm / 15.2 x 12.9 inches (Inner Print: 242 x 168mm / 9.5 x 6.6 inches).
- Mounted - 356 x 299mm / 14 x 11.8 inches (Inner Print: 242 x 168mm / 9.5 x 6.6 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.