A lonesome silhoutted figure accompanied by a few sheep, stands on the brow of a hill towards the left-handside, calmly surveying the tranquil beauty offered byCodale Tarn in this evocative painting. The tarn isonce rumoured to have held Trout of all sizes, and been a hazard to any wanderer lost in the mist.
"Codale, perched on a shelf six hundred feet higher than Easedale tarn - a mere rock pool, but in situation most romantic, is the prettiest mere of all : stand back from its outlet and drink in the picture - the narrow dark band of water, the great pile of rock dabbed with spits of grass"
(The English Lakes - W. T. Palmer, p217)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 463 x 372mm / 18.2 x 14.6 inches (Inner Print: 317 x 208mm / 12.5 x 8.2 inches).
- Mounted - 434 x 344mm / 17.1 x 13.5 inches (Inner Print: 317 x 208mm / 12.5 x 8.2 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.