One of the numerous examples of Alfred's fascination with and attention to the details of ordinary working peoples lives, and one of several paintings he produced around the shores of Coniston Water. In this, he shows us a domestic scene of unspoilt rusticity, as a grouping of old-world cottages proudly displaytools of the trade strewn right outside the front doors, as the birth of a new vessel nears completion.
"Cut down yon tree! I'd rather fall on my knees and worship it!"
(The Lake Counties - W.D. Collingwood, p2)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 475 x 552mm / 18.7 x 21.7 inches (Inner Print: 305 x 365mm / 12 x 14.4 inches).
- Mounted - 442 x 524mm / 17.4 x 20.6 inches (Inner Print: 305 x 365mm / 12 x 14.4 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.