William also produced an oil painting of this dramatic subject, looking over to the Pillar Mountain range with Pillar Rock just beneath the summit, attracting the light. The dark outline of the Haystacks ridge can also be seen in the middle ground here.
"I started by drawing in the main shapes with blue, grey and black chalks. Then came the sky, painted all in one wash by adding darker and bluer colours to the right"
(WHC - Mountain Painter, p92)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 454 x 395mm / 17.9 x 15.6 inches (Inner Print: 298 x 222mm / 11.7 x 8.7 inches).
- Mounted - 426 x 368mm / 16.8 x 14.5 inches (Inner Print: 298 x 222mm / 11.7 x 8.7 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.