Alfred found Pillar mountain an impressive sight, and it has always remained a firm favourite amongst numerous climbers. He painted it many times from all kinds of different viewpoints. Here it is illustrated looking extremely changeable shrouded in swirling dark clouds, with the climbers' path leading from Scarth Gap to Pillar Rock looking on in awe.
"As you go up the track towards Black Sail, you cross by a footbridge-in the steep part, well up the breast-across to the W. side of Gatherstone Beck: the track is all the way fool-proof"
(Walking in the Lake District - H. H. Symonds, p54)
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 539 x 436mm / 21.2 x 17.2 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Mounted - 507 x 407mm / 20 x 16 inches (Inner Print: 370 x 247mm / 14.6 x 9.7 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.