William depicts the upper reaches of Windermere on a quiet morning in this serene painting. On the right hand side, Gale Naze Crag projects into the lake protecting the boathouse bay of Brathay Hall, and on the left the trees on Holme Crag are visible with the lower southern slopes of Wansfell beyond it.
Two thousand years ago this was the site of a Roman harbour associated with the fort at Waterhead, the remains of which can still be seen here.
Inner Print Sizes:
- Canvas - 767 x 545mm / 30.2 x 21.5 inches (Inner Print: 725mm x 506mm / 28.5 x 20 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.